In 1990 at Vacation Bible School I came to know the Lord. I was drawn by the Holy Spirit to go forward and answer Jesus as he called me. Yes, one of many things in life we choose.
I have learned that:
- Choices either make or break us.
- Choices lead us down paths, some good, some not so good.
- It is only by the grace of God that I had a praying Christian Grandmother (not blood related) who would occasionally take me to church. I also rode the church bus every summer during Vacation Bible School.
- It is only by God’s loving grace and mercy I found my wonderful husband.
- It is only by the grace of God that I didn’t end up in some of the same situations my family has passed down over the years. Yes, I am referring to generational sins…they are real.
I have come from a long line of:
- Self-worth struggles
- People pleasing
I find that my family is not that different from yours. We all have insecurities, we all are in a battle, and we all have struggles and weaknesses, although different, the same in the fact that they exist and are very real.
God’s Word tells us that Satan is roaming about seeking whom he may devour.
Will these problems and struggles ever go away? No.
Can I learn to overcome them and live as an over-comer? YES!
I did and that and that is why I share my story.
You can live the life God intended being the person that God intended you to be.
There is a God who cares, hope for tomorrow, and a happy life to be lived by you!
Be encouraged, be blessed, not stressed!